We Need You at National Night Out
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Dear Neighbors, we have the distinct honor to host the 5th District Police and Ward 5’s National Night Out. The Hanover and Bates Area Civic Associations in partnership and sponsorship from the 5th District Citizens Advisory Council will host this event at the grounds of CAPCSCharterSchool at 1400 First St. NW.
Last year’s National Night Out campaign involved citizens, law enforcement agencies, civic groups, businesses, neighborhood organizations and local officials from over 15,000 communities from all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide. In all, over 37 million people participated in National Night Out 2010.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anticrime programs;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships; and
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
We need volunteers to make this the best National Night Out. Volunteers are needed to:
- · Staff the programs and giveaways tables
- · Manage the basket ball court at New York Avenue Playground
- · Operate the cooking grills
- · Food station managers
- · Popcorn machine operators
- · Ice cone operators
- · After event clean up (fold tables/chairs, pack excess items, ensure all trash bags are secured fro DPW to pick up)
- · Handout vigil candles
- · Coordinate Wacky Olympics events
- · Monitor the bikes and helmets for the Bike Ride Along the Bike Trail
- · Decorate First St between O St NWand N St NW (balloons)
- Photographers – help us capture the moments
- Videographers – help us make a documentary of this event
Volunteers needed for any time period between 5pm and 9:00pm. We hope you come enjoy this great event and help us show the rest of DC how our neighborhood hosts a party. Please contact Geovani A. Bonilla to volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 202-255-3312