Mark your calendars, and come out for the first market of the season! The market runs Wednesday afternoons, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. from May 30 to October 31 at 1325 Second Street, NE – the intersection of Second and N Streets, NE, immediately adjacent to the Florida Avenue entrance of the NoMa Metro Station.
This week, the first 100 people to attend the farmer’s market will receive a free orange NoMa bag!
Also at the market this week, Sylvie Marc-Charles, a Gallaudet Professor, will be bringing her summer “General Studies” class to the market and to NoMa Summer Screen for a signed and voiced performance of a children’s book for families and neighborhood children, starting at 3 p.m. at the market. During the spring semester, her class created children’s books to promote deaf children’s literacy in Haiti and other developing countries, and to inspire kids to write by having Gallaudet student authors/illustrators as role models. See you at the market!
Vendors that have been accepted for the 2012 season thus far include:
- The Farm at Walker Jones (greens and other produce)
- Sweetest Revenge Cupcakes (cupcakes)
- Pleitez Produce (veggies and other produce)
- Kuhn Orchards (fruits, apples, berries, peaches when in season)
- Groff’s Content Farm (meats, sausages, eggs)
- Great Harvest Bread Company (breads, rolls, brownies, cookies)
- Hillside Pastures (raw milk cheese, including cheddars, pepper jack, Swiss, chives and dill, and more)