Jumpstart Your Career Pathway
UDC Community College Bertie Backus Campus | 5171 South Dakota Ave, NE | Washington, DC 20017
Friday, September 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM – Friday, September 29, 2017 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
Join us this Friday for the Jumpstart Your Career Pathway Workshop. Jumpstart Your Career Pathway is a 1-day training that will provide you with strategies to get on the right track for employment through education career planning. Participants will learn about in-demand industry occupations and potential earnings within the region. In addition, participants will learn the steps necessary to secure their dream job in the District of Columbia.
This training will be composed of 4 interactive workshops designed to provide participants with the skills and confidence needed to move to the next level in a career. This workshops include:
- Career Pathways
- Digital Technology
- Financial Literacy
- 21st Century Skills
At the end of the sessions, an Individual Training Plan will be provided to each workshop participant to help map out next steps to ensure success in their proposed career. Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the Career Pathways and the demand industries in the District;
- Learn how to move to the next level in their career through education and training;
- Recognize the importance of self-advocacy for career successes;
- Understand the fundamentals of 21st century skills;
- Successfully leverage digital technology; and
- Learn about the key component to financial literacy and components for everyday life.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please RSVP via the link below and SHARE:
Share this event on Facebook and Twitter and with other District residents who are seeking to create a pathway to a better future.
Renee Ombaba, M.A.
Hales Government Solutions